Top Marks in Exams and Attainment Gap Progress Marks – it has been a ‘Summer of Success’ for Bohunt Education Trust
Students and staff across Bohunt Education Trust’s schools celebrated this summer after receiving their GCSE results.
Three quarters of Bohunt students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in the headline measure of English and maths, and significant improvements in science have been recorded across the Trust.
• Bohunt School – Liphook secured its best set of GCSE results in five years, with 81% of students achieving a Grade 4 or better in English and maths – significantly above the national average. Hesper Aldwinckle was amongst the top-performers on the day, achieving an exceptional 10 grades at levels 8-9, the equivalent of 10 A*s.
• The Petersfield School also celebrated considerable success – sustaining strong outcomes following last year’s record results. Sarah Arnold secured achieved an incredible nine grade 9s, the highest grade possible, equivalent to an A**. She is planning to study A Level English Literature, History and Geography plus an EPQ in Law at Bohunt Sixth Form Sixth Form. It was another a successful year for English at TPS too, with 90% of students achieving at least a Grade 4 in their English examination.
• In The Costello School their first year receiving GCSE results as part of the Bohunt family, students and staff worked hard to secure the highest set of outcomes on record. The number of students achieving a Grade 4 or better in English and maths surpassed previous outcomes, with an impressive seven percentage point increase on last year’s figure.
• At Priory School Official in Portsmouth, outcomes demonstrated another year of consolidation under BET’s sponsorship. 73% of students at the school received at least a Grade 4 in English, as well almost a quarter of students achieving the EBacc – an increase on previous years.
• Marking its first ever GCSE cohort, Bohunt School Worthing has recorded strong results, with some outstanding individual success stories. Issy Walker achieved 10 GCSEs, with an impressive eight Grade 9s, one Grade 8 and one Grade 7.
As well as securing some of the top grades, the Trust has also been successful in narrowing the attainment gap between disadvantaged students and their peers. At the Costello School, the gap was reduced by 20 percentage points and by 16 at Liphook, whilst at TPS, 80% of pupil premium students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in English and maths.
It has been an incredibly successful summer of examination results for BET, with more students receiving their GCSE results than ever before, and the first ever Year 13 cohort officially completing their A Levels. The Trust has a broad, balanced and innovative curriculum, and its schools are renowned for their commitment to outdoor education, immersion teaching (e.g. Mandarin) and superb support from subject specialists in curriculum and pedagogy.
A third of A Level entries for students attending BET’s first post 16 provision, Bohunt Sixth Form, achieved the top A*-A grades, with two thirds achieving A*-B and 88% of exams achieving A*-C. Ciara McDonald, Imogen Haydon, Izzy Broadmeadow, George Cruikshank and Harry Mercer were amongst the highest performers, between them achieving five A*s and 13 As.
Bohunt Education Trust is opening its newest school, Bohunt Horsham, this month which will eventually cater for 4-16 year olds.
Neil Strowger, Chief Executive Officer of Bohunt Education Trust said:
“I would like to congratulate all Bohunt Education Trust students who have collected their GCSE and A-Level results this year. It has been another excellent year of examination results for BET – with record-breaking achievements, significant improvements, and countless individual success stories being celebrated across every single one of our schools.
“These results really are a reflection of our talented students, who have shown dedication, commitment and a love for learning throughout their time with us. We are thrilled with the achievements, which closely follow last week’s exceptional outcomes for A-Level. We look forward to continuing to build on the successes achieved to date, as we move forward as a continually growing and ever-ambitious Trust.”